Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Flickr photo upload

This site was a little complexing to me to use, I found that there was not a lot of information or steps to follow and wasn't to sure where to start and what to do, after navigating around the site I soon began to realise that it is a lot like a lot of other upload photo sites on the internet, although it is limited in what you can do unless you pay to upgrade which becomes a bit of a nuisances sometimes. I managed to download some photos from my albums and some from the internet. I also tried connecting my Flickr account with my Blog to upload a photo that I liked, went through the steps but unsure how that went as I did not see my picture on my Blog page so more investigating I think is to be done..... I am not sure how this site would be beneficial in the classroom, a lot of training and explanation would be needed to the students who are not digital natives, rather a digital immigrant instead (Prensky 2001) like myself. Although I will not write it off entirely as I am sure there will be someway I could use it in the classroom as Picasa - another photo enhancer / album program.
I am confused and disappointed, as I cannot seem to upload a photo through this site, although I have managed somehow to upload a hyperlink as such to Flickr. Still trying to work this one out.
Wendy Gaines.

Reference;

Prensky, M. (2001). Digital Natives Digital Immigrants. Retrieved August 8, from,
www.marcprensky.com/writing/Prensky%20-%20Digital%20Natives,%20Digital%20Immigrants%

No comments:

Post a Comment